Invisalign in Calgary, AB
Misaligned teeth predispose you to numerous challenges, including cavities, impaired speech, tooth grinding, temporomandibular disorders, and low self-confidence. Years back, individuals with bite problems had limited choices in the form of fixed metal braces. Fast forward to today, adults seeking orthodontic treatment can correct their bite discreetly and conveniently, thanks to Invisalign® treatment.
Invisalign uses a set of clear, custom aligner trays to move teeth to their preferred positions. These trays are virtually invisible and removable. If you’re looking for a trusted, multi-specialty dental office that provides Invisalign in Calgary, AB, reach out to East Hills Dental Clinic today.
Is Invisalign Right for You?
Invisalign may be an ideal fit for you if:
- You have a treatable case of misalignment. Invisalign can correct various bite problems including overbite, open bite, gap teeth, crossbite and underbite. However, your dentist may prefer traditional braces if you have severe misalignment.
- You can adhere to treatment guidelines. For example, for Invisalign to achieve desired treatment outcomes, you must keep the trays on for at least 22 hours every day.
- You’re a non-smoker. Smoking can stain the Invisalign aligners, which negates the great benefits of this form of treatment. If you’re a smoker, we recommend quitting before you start your Invisalign treatment.
Our dentists in Calgary, AB evaluate your suitability for Invisalign treatment against these and other relevant criteria.
The Treatment Process
If you’re a fitting candidate for Invisalign, our dentists near you obtain your dental impressions and share these with the Invisalign dental lab. Then, collaboratively, the dentist and the Invisalign team create a personalized treatment plan for you. It takes about four weeks for your custom aligners to be manufactured. Once the clear trays are ready, our dentist calls you back and shows you how to use the trays. You’re required to wear each tray for at least two weeks before moving to the next aligner in the series. Invisalign treatment can last anywhere between 12 to 18 months, depending on the patient’s needs.
Advantages of Invisalign
Invisalign offers various significant advantages, including:
- Invisalign treatment doesn’t disrupt your diet or lifestyle. You can easily pop out the aligners when you need to eat, brush your teeth or during social situations.
- You don’t have to make frequent visits to the dentist for adjustments, as is the case with metal braces.
- Invisalign aligners are discreet and ideal for older teens and adults who may not be enthusiastic about the “metal mouth” appearance.
- Invisalign aligners are smooth, comfortable and don’t scrape against your gums.
You can easily straighten your smile without disrupting your life. Contact East Hills Dental Clinic to learn more about Invisalign near you.