Dental emergencies usually happen at the most unexpected of times. When they occur, you need a trusted emergency dentist to help you heal and recover. East Hills Dental Clinic is a family-friendly dental office that provides timely patient-tailored emergency dentistry in Calgary, AB. We’re committed to availing dental care to our patients when they need it the most.
If you’re experiencing a dental crisis and require emergency dentistry near you, get in touch with your compassionate emergency dentists in Calgary, AB for swift care.
Types of Dental Emergencies
Dental emergencies come in different forms and can affect anyone at any given time. Some of the dental emergencies that we commonly attend to include:
- Knocked out or avulsed teeth. A tooth may be knocked out during an accident, a fall or any other traumatic injury. Athletes who don’t wear sports mouthguards during their sports events are at a higher risk of sustaining avulsed teeth.
- Broken or chipped teeth. Broken, chipped, or fractured teeth count as dental emergencies, especially if these are accompanied by pain.
- Broken or dislodged restorations. Do you have dental fillings or crowns that are coming loose? You should get those checked out by our dentists near you as soon as possible.
- Minor jaw injuries. Falls, accidents and other forms of physical trauma can result in minor jaw injuries. Please note, if you have major jaw injuries, you should head to your local emergency room immediately.
- Soft tissue injuries. Examples of soft tissue injuries including bleeding gums, cut lips, inner cheek lacerations, etc.
- Toothaches. Severe toothaches may be occasioned by trauma, decay or gum disease.
At East Hills Dental Clinic, we tailor our treatments to respond to the needs of the patient. During dental crises, our primary priority is to alleviate pain. The next step involves treating the problem at hand to prevent long-term complications.
Preventing Dental Emergencies
You can prevent your risk of dental emergencies by:
- Brushing and flossing regularly
- Scheduling regular dental exams and cleanings at East Hills Dental Clinic
- Wearing a protective custom mouthguard when participating in sports activities
- Staying clear of hard candy and snacks that may cause tooth chipping
- Getting in touch with our dentists near you whenever you detect a dental problem, instead of waiting for it to escalate
Are you experiencing sudden dental pain? Get the quality emergency dental care you deserve by reaching out to our emergency dentists in Calgary, AB today.