Orthodontics & Invisalign At Your Local Calgary Dentist
Invisalign Clear Aligners
You’ve probably heard of Invisalign before – the invisible solution to a straighter smile! As the primary alternative to traditional braces, Invisalign is a modern solution to achieving the smile you want. Both teens and adults can consider Invisalign as a treatment option. Invisalign solves many of the same orthodontic issues that traditional braces do. The best part? It’s virtually invisible, so no one notices that you are undergoing an orthodontic treatment!
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign provides convenience and flexibility compared to traditional metal braces. In this treatment method, we use clear trays that fit perfectly onto your teeth. The first step is to schedule a full consultation with your Invisalign providers at East Hills Dental Clinic. During the initial consultation, we will collaborate on a customized treatment plan to align your smile! In this phase, we will create a custom mould of your teeth and design your aligner trays. Once they are ready, you simply wear your Invisalign invisible aligners and change them every two weeks. With gentle movements, the trays will push your teeth into place. When your treatment is complete, you’ll have a brand new smile, without having to undergo the procedure of metal braces!
With Invisalign, you’re able to remove the aligner trays at any time. This means you can easily take them out to eat the foods you want, play sports, or attend special occasions without braces getting in the way. However, it’s important to note that for treatment to be successful, you must wear your invisible aligners for 22 hours each day. If you have more questions about how Invisalign straightens your smile, ask your East Hills Dental Clinic Invisalign providers today!
Similarly to Traditional Braces, Invisalign Works When:
- Your teeth are overcrowding, which means there is not enough space for your teeth to properly align themselves. Without sufficient spacing, you may be more susceptible to gum disease and cavities.
- You have noticeable gaps between your teeth, which may inhibit the functionality of your teeth. Gaps can occur as a result of tooth loss or the jaw forming incorrectly.
- You have an underbite, which is when your lower teeth overpower or completely overtake your upper teeth. If this is the case, you might be at risk of jaw discomfort and temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ).
- You have a crossbite, which means one or more of your upper teeth bite inside of the lower teeth. This misalignment can cause uneven wear on your teeth, resulting in bone disintegration and even gum disease. This dental issue is quite common among patients.
- You have an overbite, which is when your upper teeth overpower or completely overtake your lower teeth. In this case, you are also at risk of jaw pain and TMJ.
What Are The Main Benefits Of Invisalign?
- Aligner trays are easily removable, giving you freedom and flexibility
- Gradual movement of teeth over time feels gentle
- More convenient compared to traditional metal braces
- Virtually invisible treatment option lets you straighten your teeth without anyone knowing
- Trays are easy to clean for maintenance of proper oral hygiene
- Eat the foods you want, and play sports without the hassle of metal braces!
No matter your reason for requiring orthodontic treatment, ask us if Invisalign is a viable option for you.
Please note that all orthodontic will be performed by a general dentist.
If you are considering Invisalign to align your smile, we are ready to help! Schedule an in-depth consultation with your East Hills Dental Clinic dentist today.